Best shotgun mic under 200 $ is the most effective choice when it involves investment. Podcasts, interviews, dialogues, and filmmaking all need a professional microphone. You’ll have to spend a little more to get more directional and crystal clear audio.
For that, you need to conduct analysis to ensure that your investment is not wasted.
There are a lot of microphones in the on-line and off-line market. You can get the best ones if you search carefully.
We’ve put together a list of the best shotgun mic under 200. This is a middle-of-the-road investment that will yield better results.
10 best shotgun mic under 200
Never miss an instant with a wireless computer. It entails turning on the PC and getting right to work. It’s a fast sync and you’re good to go, whether it’s a complication-free lavalier for the one-person video squad, a wireless mic that’s up and running straight out of the bag, or something completely different. Without the hassle of a complicated setup, you can dive into the world of wireless.
The ME 2-II is a small omni-directional clip-on microphone with excellent speech clarity. It’s best used for vocal and speech applications. The clip is included for simple clothing attachment. It also comes with a built-in metal windscreen.
- Wireless audio: The XSW Wireless Digital brings great audio within reach, making it a perfect tool for videographers and mobile journalists alike to capture sound effectively. Improve your work with reliable, clear audio that doesn’t require a complicated setup.
- Ease of use with a single tap: It’s simple. There’s only one button on each XS Wireless Digital. To power up and connect at the same time, hold down the button, click once to silence, and hold down the button to power down. Reduce setup time and never miss a beat; it’ll be ready when you are.
- Go digital: Your sound should have the same limitless potential as your ideas. Set aside the need to set frequencies and enter the digital realm. Sync and go wherever, anytime effortlessly,using a 2.4 GHz transmission.
- Package contents: This best shotgun mic under 200 $ comes with a package that has the following:
1 ME2-II clip-on lapel microphone, 1 XSW-D Mini Jack TX (3.5mm), 1 XSW-D Mini jack RX (3.5mm), 1 belt pack clip, 1 shoe mount, 1 3.5mm coiled cable, and a USB charging cable are included in this portable lavalier package.
The VideoMic NTG is a highly adaptable microphone that produces excellent audio in any situation. This best shotgun mic under 200 is used in the field with your DSLR for broadcast-quality sound. Use it to capture crystal-clear audio on the go with your smartphone or tablet. It can be used as a laptop USB mic for podcasting, gaming, and voice calls, among other things. This is the only one microphone that is possibilities abound.
- Acoustic architecture that is revolutionary: The VideoMic NTG uses the same annular line tube technology as the NTG5, which uses acoustic perforations along the microphone’s length rather than the linear slots used in other shotguns and on-camera microphones. This ground-breaking acoustic architecture provides unrivalled clarity and a pure, uncolored tone.
- The most Feature-Rich videomic in history: This best shotgun mic under 200 not only sounds great, but it’s also incredibly versatile, with a variety of resources and features to help you tackle any recording situation. This microphone has a high-pass filter (at 75Hz or 150Hz), a high-frequency boost to improve the clarity of sound and detail of the audio, a switchable pad, and a safety channel are the features which are all available via digital switching.
- Unparalleled flexibility:The VideoMic NTG is much more than an on-camera microphone. The VideoMic NTG is a fully-featured USB microphone that can be plugged into a monitor, tablet, or mobile, ideal for capturing voice overs, podcasts, gaming, or live streaming. It pairs well with DSLRs, compact cameras, and smartphones – either on-camera, as a boom mic, or on a pistol grip.
- Battery: The VideoMic NTG is powered by an internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can record for up to 30 hours – more than enough for even the most challenging shoots. This is charged via USB-C (empty to complete in 2 hours), meaning continuous recording is also possible with a power pack.
- Extra features: The VideoMic NTG also has a few new features, such as an infinitely variable gain control that allows you to precisely customise the performance as required, and an auto-sensing 3.5mm output that detects what device you’re connecting to (camera or mobile) and switches to fit – no more fiddling with TRS/TRRS adaptor cables! A handy dB peak warning light is also included.
Sennheiser’s MKE 400 Small Shotgun Microphone is a tough, small, and flexible microphone that produces excellent video sound. The MKE 400 is a small shotgun microphone with a lighting shoe mount and an external microphone input for cameras with a lighting shoe mount. Characteristics housing is made entirely of metal and is very durable. Side noise rejection to the full, designed for video recordings.
The sensitivity can be switched between long and short distances. This best shotgun mic under 200 $ has a wind noise filter that can be turned on and off. Operating time is estimated to be about 300 hours (from a single AAA battery). The handling noise is reduced thanks to an integrated shock-mount.
- Design: This microphone is a small shotgun microphone for cameras with a shoe mount and external microphone input that is rugged, durable and flexible for best video sound.
- Sensitivity: For regular to very loud sound sources and cameras/camcorders with high input sensitivity, use the (-) volume setting. For extremely silent or far away sound sources, as well as cameras/camcorders with poor input sensitivity, use the (+) volume setting.
- Small yet powerful: This best shotgun mic under 200 $ is the smallest advanced video microphone which has lighting shoe mounts as the MKE 400.
- Extremely adaptable: This microphone is designed for a vast variety of outdoor applications and is compatible with all cameras that have a lighting shoe mount and an external microphone input. It’s a dependable companion thanks to its lightweight nature and safe fit.
- Package contents: This best shotgun mic under 200 comes with a MKE 400 with coiled cord, battery (size AAA) and a foam windshield (3.5 mm stereo-mini).
This best shotgun mic under 200 $ is a condenser microphone with high sensitivity, designed specifically for cameras. The cardioid directivity characteristic reduces ambient noise effectively. A +10dB sensitivity tone up and a 200Hz bass filter are available as options to suit the needs of various applications.
Its camera’s mechanical noise and other vibration noise can be reduced by using a shockproof design. The EMI resistance of the rugged alu mic housing is excellent. Playtime is up to 100 hours when powered by a 1.5V AA alkaline battery. It also includes a low-power warning
- Heart-shaped single-point pickup: This best shotgun mic under 200 reduces the amount of noise picked up from the atmosphere while maintaining sound quality.
- Universal & Lightweight : Due to its small size, it can be used in a variety of situations, including photography, interviews, and other events. This microphone is compatible with all Sony, Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras. Built specifically for the camera’s high-sensitivity condenser. Its setup is easy.
- Shake-Proof Sturdy Structure: This microphone has alloy materials design that shields electromagnetic interference while reducing mechanical noise, camera clicks, and other vibration noise.
- 10dB sensitivity enhancement & 200Hz low-frequency attenuation: With this best shotgun mic under 200 $, various fields can be used together. Alongwith the camera’s basic universal connector requirements, it’s easy to install.
- Packing list: One 1.5V AA battery is needed , and there is also a low battery indicator, 1 SGC-598 Microphone, 1 Furry Windshield and 1 User’s Manual.
Unless you’re into second-rate audio, your DSLR or HD camera isn’t going to cut it. It’s also why the LensHopper VP83F exists. This best shotgun mic under 200 $ has ultra-clean, reliable audio from a company with nearly a century of experience. For the ideal partner unit, it is provided with an integrated microSD card recording and up to 10 hours of capture time.
You’ll appreciate its legendary reliability levels, which are packaged in a lightweight shotgun style with all-metal construction. It has an audio for use on the go that has never sounded so sweet.
- Capabilities: For use with DSLR cameras and camcorders, the Shure VP83F LensHopper is a lightweight, rugged shotgun microphone with detailed, high-definition audio and integrated digital flash recording/playback capabilities.
- Easy to use: This best shotgun mic under 200 has WAV file capture at 24-bit/48kHz sampling rate, thanks to integrated flash recording/playback (MicroSDHC), while the intuitive menu and one-button recording make it quick and simple to use.
- Complete monitoring: From the home screen, a back-lit LCD screen with indicators for audio and battery metering, track detail, headphone volume, mic gain, low-cut filter, and remaining recording time provides full activity monitoring.
- Multi-position joystick: This best shotgun mic under 200 has advanced user controls for headphone monitoring, low cut filter and mic gain changes, track management, and playback support (play/pause/forward/rewind) are provided by a five-position joystick.
- One-touch control: The one-touch record button allows for fast audio recording. This best shotgun mic under 200 has a user gain (up to 60 dB in 1dB increments) that is fully adjustable for fine-tuning audio.
The Zoom H2n Handy Recorder is the only portable unit which has five built-in microphones and four recording modes: X/Y, Mid-Side, 2-channel surround, and 4-channel surround recording.
The H2n is capable of filming everything from live concerts and rehearsals to location videography.
This best shotgun mic under 200 is also an excellent option for creating long-lasting audio records of significant events such as lectures, meetings and different occasions.
- Flexible input: There’s a stereo line out / headphone jack with a dedicated volume regulator, as well as a Line In jack that can accept two channels of mic- and/or line-level signals (including microphones requiring plug-in power). There’s even a built-in speaker for fast monitoring without having to attach anything.
- Audio interface: The USB port on the H2n allows you to import recorded files into device editing software like the WaveLab LE that comes included. The H2n can also be used as a USB microphone or as a 2-in/2-out audio interface.
- X/Y configuration: X/Y recording is a perfect way to capture sound sources in the middle with clarity and definition when covering a large area. The built-in X/Y microphone on the H2n consists of two matched unidirectional mic elements that are set at a 90-degree angle to one another.
- Surround element: The H2n combines the signals from both the X/Y and MS microphones to make two- or four-channel surround sound recordings that capture everything you hear, not just the sounds directly in front of you, but also around you.
- On-board effects: Compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, chromatic tuner, and metronome are among the onboard effects of this best shotgun mic under 200.
TASCAM’s DR-05 brings high-quality stereo recording to a compact powerhouse that anyone can manage in terms of size and price. This best shotgun mic under 200 records to microSD or microSDHC media in MP3 or WAV format, including 96kHz/24-bit high-resolution audio.
A pair of brand-new microphones can handle 125dB SPL and have the sensitivity to catch every detail. The DR-05 puts album-quality recording in your hands with new recording features including peak reduction and quick menu.
- Microphones with stereo condenser capsules: The omnidirectional stereo condenser microphones on the ‘DR-05’ do not only capture sounds directly in front of the microphones, but also ambient sound from all directions. This is ideal for capturing the audience’s enthusiasm at live events and creating realistic videos. The recording format is 24bit/96kHz compliant.
- High sound pressure design that has been proven: High sound pressure architecture that has been proven to work well with noisy recordings like bands or moving trains. It can record quiet sound sources like lectures as well as noisy sound sources like rock bands.
- Peak lowering feature: When a peak sound is heard, the peak reduction mechanism immediately reduces the volume and continues recording. The level can be adjusted automatically based on the sound source, making it simple for everyone to find the best setting.
- Input signals: There are three separate input signal level adjustment functions on the ‘DR-05,’ including a peak reduction feature.
- Level alignment: Since the amounts of various individuals vary, it can be difficult to listen to the playback while recording meetings or interviews. The level align feature automatically changes the sound volume for playback in these situations, making it easier to listen.
This best shotgun mic under 200 was designed to be the ultimate video microphone, with exceptional audio quality, a stylish design, and all of the practical features one might expect from a top-of-the-line, camera-mounted microphone. The smx-15 is a powered shotgun microphone with the same high-quality element as Azden’s sgm-250. It uses a super-cardioid polar pattern to focus on sound in front of the camera.
You can get a fine, clean audio signal into your camera without having to use the camera’s noisy preamp. A custom made, shock absorbing shoe mount is integrated into the design of the smx-15 to separate the microphone from noise, as well as a 14-20 thread at the bottom for mounting to boom poles and other camera accessories.
- Off-axis rejection and superior directionality: This best shotgun mic under 200 has level adjustments of -10dB, 0dB, +20dB. A gain booster of +20dB reduces noise from low-quality camera preamps.
- Low-cut filter: With 3dB/octave selection at 120Hz.It runs on two AA batteries and doesn’t degrade the audio quality over time.
- Synchronization: When set to auto, the smx-15 will sense when a camera is turned on and will turn on and off in sync with it (requires a mic input that provides plug-in power).
- Strong frequency response: A -10db pad is also included to prevent distortion when recording in noisy environments. The smx-15 has a strong frequency response, ranging from 40 Hz to 20 kHz, ensuring that the audio you record is rich and natural.
- Output: This best shotgun mic under 200 has a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack to provide great output.
The AT875R from Audio-Technica is intended for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition. This best shotgun mic under 200 is a shotgun microphone from Audio-Technica, it installs easily on a DV camcorder without adding noticeable weight and is suitable for use with compact digital cameras.
This high-performance microphone features a line + gradient design with a narrow acceptance angle. It also has excellent off-axis rejection of sound coming from the sides and back of the mic, as well as smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality.
- Adaptability: This best shotgun mic under 200 is developed for use in broadcast and video production. Its output is tough and dependable.
- Compatibility: The length is extremely short (under 7″) which is ideal for use with digital cameras that are small and portable.
- Low noise: This best shotgun mic under 200 has an acceptance angle that is narrow. Long-distance sound pickup is desirable.The noise from the camera and handling is kept to a minimum.
- Excellent sound rejection: Sound rejection from the sides and back of the mic is excellent, and the response is personalised.
- Professional style: This best shotgun mic under 200 has a style that is professional. Only works with phantom power; 11-52V DC, 2 mA average.On-axis audio quality is smooth, and off-axis rejection is excellent for a perfect, smooth sound and mic rejection from the sides and back.
A condenser microphone and a slew of accessories are included in the Vidpro XM-55 Shotgun Microphone Kit, which is intended for use with video cameras and DSLRs. This best shotgun mic under 200 is a great option for both amateurs and professionals, and it provides the versatility of an all-in-one ready-to-use microphone solution with all the parts you’ll need in one handy carry case.
The audio pickup is based thanks to the off-axis signal attenuation. This best shotgun mic under 200 is made of a robust aluminium alloy that can be used both indoors and out. Long and short (on-camera) audio cables with various connectors to support XLR, Mini (3.5mm), and 1/4″ audio jacks are included.
A shock mount with adjustable suspension, a stand mount with thread adapters for a 5/8″ mic stand and 1/4″ tripod, and a camera shoe are also included. Off-camera, it comes with a furry wind muff, a rubber windshield, and a cushioned hand grip. A single AA battery powers the microphone.
- Durability: Indoor and outdoor use with a durable aluminum-alloy construction. Off-axis signal attenuation is excellent, allowing for centred audio pickup.
- Adaptability: Interviews, film shoots, promo videos, and studio recording are all possibilities.
- Accessories: Long and short (on-camera) audio cables with multiple connectors to support XLR, 3.5mm mini, and 6.3mm jacks are included, as well as a furry wind muff, foam windshield, soft hand grip, and long and short audio cables with different connectors to support XLR, 3.5mm mini, and 6.3mm jacks.
- Package contents: This best shotgun mic under 200 has adapters for 5/8″ (mic stand), 3/8″ (boom pole), 1/4″ (tripod), and camera shoe mount applications are included with the adjustable shock mount and stand mount.
- Ready to use: This is an all-in-one microphone with a plethora of attachments. Straight out of the packaging, it’s ready to use!
Earning money is difficult and that is why we have to spend it with care and after a lot of thinking. That is why we have provided you with the best of the microphones which also provide the quality audio at an affordable price. We hope that the given information about the best shotgun mic under 200 will be very useful for you.